Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Varsity Rugby Match

The much anticipated Varsity Rugby Match is just around the corner. This is one of THE events of the year, and should not be missed.













Details:
Date: 6th December
Kick off: 14.00
Venue: Twickenham Stadium (the home of English Rugby, in West London)

Fast Facts: The Varsity Match has been played since 1872, and held at Twickenham since 1921 Twickenham seats 75,000 people (great atmosphere!) The varsity match is televised and watched by millions of people all over the world.

In order to make the most of the experience, I thought it would be good to block-book a bunch of tickets so that we can all sit together and support our boys on mass! So, I am volunteering to buy tickets on everyone's behalf this Saturday. If you want to come and haven't already got your ticket, read on...

FRIDAY 25th NOVEMBER: 5.30pm - 6.30pm - Sign up I will base myself at one of the tables in the corner of the common room THIS FRIDAY from 5.30-6.30pm I will collect NAMES and CASH (no money, no ticket!) Student tickets are £7 (bargain)

FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER: 5.30pm - 6.30pm - ticket collection I will base myself at one of the tables in the corner of the common room from 5.30pm - 6.30pm Please come by and collect your tickets

I am looking into transportation options, e.g hiring a bus to take a bunch of people, depending on demand. If that doesn't work out, the other options can be found at the Twickenham Stadium website.

Please feel free to show your appreciation for my hard work in the form of beer during happy hour!! And one last request - if you have questions, please come and find me rather than inundate me with emails - my inbox is already out of control.

Thanks
Claire Pullinger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home